Late Registration: Graduate Education
Registering for any class after the deadline requires approval from the college or school offering the course and is an exception to university policy; there is no guarantee that a late request will be approved. Contact Graduate Education for additional information.
Policies and procedures vary by college/school, but most will follow these guidelines (complete the following steps in the order in which they are listed):
- Fill out an enrollment request form.
- Obtain instructor approval and signature.1,2
- Obtain department/school approval (if required).
- Obtain final authorization from the college or school offering the course.
- Submit the approved form to University Registrar Services (Student Services Building 140) or any other registrar location).
1 You should ask the instructor if you will be allowed to make up the work you missed by adding this class late.
2 Many classes and labs have attendance policies. Ask the instructor if adding the class late counts as an absence.