Residency Petition Documentation
Your documentation is a critical part of your petition. However, the list of documents needed can only be generated after you have completed the online questionnaire portion of your petition. Use the residency navigator to help determine which petition type is most applicable to your situation and start your petition from here.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the residency office for help.
You will use the residency petition dashboard to upload and submit all required documentation. This is a secure application that stores your documents directly to your student record. Be sure to submit all documents prior to the document deadline.
Here are some tips to help you with uploading your documents:
- Each requested item requires a separate file. For example, you will have one file for your driver’s license, one for your voter registration, etc.
- You can and should upload multiple files for specific items. For example, 12 months of bank statements would be uploaded as 12 separate files. This simplifies the review process and makes it easier to keep track of your documents.
- You can add descriptions to your uploaded documents to clarify what that document is or why it is being provided.
- You can delete documents that were added by mistake; however, once you hit the “Submit Documents” button, your documents are saved to your student record and cannot be removed.
- Your required documents list is generated based on how you answer certain questions. All documents are important and not providing something may cause your petition to be denied.
- Per ABOR guidelines, “Objective Evidence” means documentation or information other than an individual’s own statement(s) of intent. Statements of intent will not meet your burden to provide objective evidence.
- You can upload some documents and then return at a later date to finish, but nothing is official until you click on the "Submit Documents" button.
- You won’t be able to submit your documents until request documents have been uploaded.
- Acceptable file types are: .BMP, .CSV, .DOC, .DOCX, .JPEG, .JPG, .PDF, .PNG, .RTF, .TIF, .TIFF, .TXT, .XLS, .XLSX
- Make it easy for your evaluator to quickly make sense of your documents by giving each file a unique or descriptive name, e.g., "May_2021_Bank_Statement".
If you get stuck or have an issue, try this: How to Upload Documents. Or, let us know - we can help you through the process.
Petition fees can be paid from the Residency Petition Dashboard. If payment is required for your petition type, your petition will not be reviewed until this fee is paid. The Residency Classification Office cannot accept or process any fee payments.
Click on the link below to find instructions for your petition type.